Monday, May 25, 2009

Music Selection

My workflow may be a little odd to some of you. Instead of animating first then adding music to my animation, I actually hear the music first then 'see' the animation in my head.

This makes the music used appear to have been composed specifically for the animation.

Thus began a long and arduos task of listening to a bunch of orchestral pieces, mainly from soundtracks of the game Metal Gear Solid.

I chose orchestral scores because these are the music which most inspires me and they are the most dramatic sounding of all the music genres.

Eventually I settled upon 'Desperate Chase by Harry Gregson-Williams' as the main music playing.

'Fortress Sneaking by Harry Gregson-Williams' is the one that plays during the beginning when Jack enters the fortress.

'Swing Doors by Allan Gray' plays towards the ending. This was chosen to strengthen the depiction of the harmless stance that Big Ghost is showing. It also adds to the overall lighthearted mood of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment